This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6195 / 51°37'10"N
Longitude: 0.1125 / 0°6'44"E
OS Eastings: 546341
OS Northings: 193304
OS Grid: TQ463933
Mapcode National: GBR PY.P18
Mapcode Global: VHHMZ.WKT9
Entry Name: Hainault Hall
Listing Date: 28 June 1954
Last Amended: 29 May 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1111204
English Heritage Legacy ID: 118597
Location: Chigwell, Epping Forest, Essex, IG7
District: Epping Forest
Civil Parish: Chigwell
Built-Up Area: Redbridge
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
TQ 49 SE CHIGWELL LAMBOURNE ROAD
5/12 Hainault Hall (formerly
28.6.54 listed under Manor Road)
House, late C18, extended in C19. Stock bricks, Flemish bond, with dressings
of red brick and stone, roofed with handmade red clay tiles. Main range aligned
approx. NE-SW, aspect SE, with chimney stacks in each gable. Rear wing at NE
end with parallel roof, chimney stack and gable to NE, hip to SW. Single
storey lean-to extension in W angle, C19. 2 storeys with attics and basement.
Ground floor, central half-glazed door, stucco doorcase with pedimented head,
6 splayed stone steps with wrought iron railings. 4 double-hung sash windows
of 12 lights under flat arches of gauged red brick. First floor, 5 similar
windows, with stone string course at sill level. Open pediment, full height
projection, with moulded stone coping. Moulded stone string course above
windows, parapet with stone coping. Mansard roof with 2 double-hung sash
windows of 6 lights in flat-roofed dormers. The whole forms a symmetrical front
elevation, asymmetrical in plan.
Listing NGR: TQ4634193304
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings