This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8065 / 51°48'23"N
Longitude: 1.0955 / 1°5'43"E
OS Eastings: 613499
OS Northings: 216516
OS Grid: TM134165
Mapcode National: GBR TQQ.MSS
Mapcode Global: VHLCX.YV0J
Entry Name: A Pair of Urns, Approximately 20 Metres West of Park Farmhouse One Either Side of Front Approach Path
Listing Date: 4 July 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1111489
English Heritage Legacy ID: 120003
Location: St. Osyth, Tendring, Essex, CO16
Civil Parish: St. Osyth
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: St Osyth Saints Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
ST. OSYTH PARK CHASE
TM 11 NW
6/170 A pair of urns, approx.
20 metres west of Park
Farmhouse one either side
of front approach path
Pair of urns. Late C18. Attributed to William Tyler. Stone. On panelled
plinths with moulded bases and top slabs. Elegant urns with narrow stems, plain
sides with rams heads and swags. Lids with ringed stems, bead decoration and
domed finials. William Tyler executed the monument in St. Osyth Church to Lucy,
Countess of Rochford, 1773. There are similarities between the urns. Park Farm
was part of St. Osyth Priory Estate owned by Lord Rochford. Information from J.
Listing NGR: TM1349916516
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings