This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8513 / 51°51'4"N
Longitude: 1.2667 / 1°16'0"E
OS Eastings: 625080
OS Northings: 222011
OS Grid: TM250220
Mapcode National: GBR VRP.WLQ
Mapcode Global: VHLCT.XQ1N
Entry Name: Martello Tower
Listing Date: 1 June 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1111504
English Heritage Legacy ID: 119934
Location: Frinton and Walton, Tendring, Essex, CO14
Civil Parish: Frinton and Walton
Built-Up Area: Walton-on-the-Naze
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Walton-le-Soken All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
FRINTON AND WALTON OFF KIRBY ROAD,
TM 22 SE
4/85 Martello Tower
Martello Tower, now used as an entertainment hall. Circa 1810-1812. Brick with
some remains of rendering. Stone dressings to windows, door and coping. Stone
cill to vertical slit through coping beneath which is corbel and first floor
doorway, this with rusticated jambs, segmental head with keystone and stone
chute below cill level. C20 boarded door approached by C20 external stairway.
4 windows at door height with rusticated jambs and segmental heads with
keystones, 2 mullions and centre transoms. C20 double doors to ground floor.
One of the largest of the 11 Clacton Defence Towers.
Listing NGR: TM2508022011
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings