This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8491 / 51°50'56"N
Longitude: 1.2731 / 1°16'22"E
OS Eastings: 625525
OS Northings: 221783
OS Grid: TM255217
Mapcode National: GBR VRW.4MX
Mapcode Global: VHLCV.0SVC
Entry Name: 40-44, the Parade
Listing Date: 30 July 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1111508
English Heritage Legacy ID: 119946
Location: Frinton and Walton, Tendring, Essex, CO14
Civil Parish: Frinton and Walton
Built-Up Area: Walton-on-the-Naze
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Walton-le-Soken All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
FRINTON AND WALTON THE PARADE,
TM 22 SE
4/97 Nos. 40-44
Terrace of 5 dwellings. Circa 1830. John Penrice of Colchester. Brick built
and stuccoed. The terrace follows the line of the road and curves to the left
return (No. 40). 3 storeys. 6 stuccoed chimney stacks visible. Parapet.
Moulded cornice. Pilasters with moulded capitals between and bands below all
first and second floor windows. Banded rustication to ground floor. 3:1:9
window range, (including left return and curve) of small paned vertically
sliding sashes, small to second floor, first floor has stuccoed vase baluster
balconies on scroll supports, round heads with glazed margins to ground floor.
Blocked third window to second floor. 5 round headed doorways with fanlights,
some with radiating glazing bars.
Listing NGR: TM2552521783
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings