This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8523 / 51°51'8"N
Longitude: 1.2266 / 1°13'35"E
OS Eastings: 622310
OS Northings: 222003
OS Grid: TM223220
Mapcode National: GBR VRM.YRJ
Mapcode Global: VHLCT.6PTW
Entry Name: Street House
Listing Date: 1 June 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1111539
English Heritage Legacy ID: 119919
Location: Frinton and Walton, Tendring, Essex, CO13
Civil Parish: Frinton and Walton
Built-Up Area: Kirkby-le-Soken
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Kirby-le-Soken St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
FRINTON AND WALTON THE STREET,
TM 22 SW
(north side) )
3/69 Street House.
House, at one time The Royal Oak Public House. C17 with later alterations and
additions. Timber framed and plastered. Red plain tiled roof. Left and right
red brick chimney stacks. 2 storeys and attics, 3 flat headed dormers with 2
light casements. 3 windows to first floor, 4 to ground floor, all vertically
sliding sashes with glazing bars. Central 6 panelled door, reveal panels,
fluted surround and frieze, flat canopy on brackets. Internally the main frame
with stop chamfered bridging joists and top plates is intact. Side purlin roof,
halved and bladed top plate scarf, turned balusters to staircase. Vertically
boarded attic doors, panelled doors with moulded surrounds elsewhere. Inglenook
fireplace. Right front room C17/C18 panelled with dentilled cornice. Painted
panelled over fireplace said to depict Old Walton Church before erosion into
sea. Corner alcove cupboard, fluted pilasters and curved shelves.
Listing NGR: TM2231022003
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings