This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7834 / 51°47'0"N
Longitude: 0.1305 / 0°7'49"E
OS Eastings: 547058
OS Northings: 211560
OS Grid: TL470115
Mapcode National: GBR LDJ.3SY
Mapcode Global: VHHM7.6FVQ
Entry Name: 42-48, Market Street
Listing Date: 5 July 1950
Last Amended: 19 June 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1111681
English Heritage Legacy ID: 119497
Location: Harlow, Essex, CM17
Electoral Ward/Division: Old Harlow
Built-Up Area: Harlow
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Harlow St Mary and St Hugh with St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
5216 MARKET STREET
5.7.50 Nos 42 to 48 (even)
(formerly listed as
cottages occupied by
E Meredith, Mrs Norman,
W R Norman and H M Fish
under Buck Street)
TL 4711 NW 5/26
C17/18. Range of tenements, timber framed, plastered with weatherboards
beneath the window sills. Roof ridged and gabled, peg-tiled with eaves.
Two plain red brick chimney stacks. Range of 6 sashes on first storey,
horned, the western pair marginally barred. Four doors on ground storey
and 4, three-part sashes. Modern shop window at east. The door at the
west has a wood case and flat hood, with sundial above inscribed: 'Wafte
no time 1759'.
Listing NGR: TL4705811560
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings