This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.782 / 51°46'55"N
Longitude: 0.1486 / 0°8'54"E
OS Eastings: 548310
OS Northings: 211445
OS Grid: TL483114
Mapcode National: GBR LDK.8D8
Mapcode Global: VHHM7.JGFR
Entry Name: The Queen's Head Public House
Listing Date: 5 July 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1111700
English Heritage Legacy ID: 119446
Location: Harlow, Essex, CM17
Electoral Ward/Division: Old Harlow
Built-Up Area: Harlow
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Harlow St Mary and St Hugh with St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
5216 CHURCHGATE STREET
The Queen's Head Public
TL 4811 SW 9/5 House
Early C16 house. Timber framed and plastered with long wall jetty to street
frontage framed bressumer. Originally of 4 bays with chamfered bridging-joists
and haunched-tenons. Fenestration by C18 sashes, and a curved brick bay-window
at north of ground floor combined with the doorway. One small wrought-iron
leaded casement on front first storey in front of intruded chimney-stack.
Roof original, with octagonal and broach-stopped crown-post at centre of
Listing NGR: TL4831011445
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings