History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

South Lodge at Wood Norton Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Norton and Lenchwick, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1187 / 52°7'7"N

Longitude: -1.9741 / 1°58'26"W

OS Eastings: 401866

OS Northings: 246706

OS Grid: SP018467

Mapcode National: GBR 2JR.5PM

Mapcode Global: VHB0S.Q0QN

Entry Name: South Lodge at Wood Norton Hall

Listing Date: 7 December 1994

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1111733

English Heritage Legacy ID: 354840

Location: Norton and Lenchwick, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR11

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon

Civil Parish: Norton and Lenchwick

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: Norton and Lenchwick

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Ab Lench

Listing Text

NORTON AND LENCHWICK -
SP 04 NW

1559-0/3/10003 South Lodge at Wood
Norton Hall

GV II

Lodge to country house. 1898, by G.H. Hunt for the Duc d'Orleans. Red brick with freestone
dressings and timber-framing with plaster panels. Plain machine tile roofs with gabled ends with
moulded bargeboards. Brick gable-end stacks with brick shafts and corbelling. PLAN: L-shaped
on plan with porch in the angle and single-storey service wing at the rear. Old English style.
EXTERIOR: 1 storey and attic. Asymmetrical elevations. L-shaped, the wings with jettied
timber-framed gables and the roof carried down over an open porch in the angle on timber
balusters and a narrow frieze of balusters on the front; the porch has been glazed later. The gable
jetties are on brackets supported on stone corbels and bay windows with stone mullion-transom
windows. The timber-framed gables above have fleur-de-lis plaster panels, an oriel and
moulded bressumers to jettied apex. Casement windows with glazing bars. Gabled lateral stack
on south east side with stone panel containing arms and with date 1898 above. Single-storey
service wing at rear north east with small stone mullion windows. INTERIOR not inspected.


Listing NGR: SP0186646706

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.