This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7829 / 51°46'58"N
Longitude: 0.148 / 0°8'52"E
OS Eastings: 548263
OS Northings: 211544
OS Grid: TL482115
Mapcode National: GBR LDK.27K
Mapcode Global: VHHM7.JG22
Entry Name: The School
Listing Date: 19 June 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1111739
English Heritage Legacy ID: 119441
Location: Harlow, Essex, CM17
Electoral Ward/Division: Old Harlow
Built-Up Area: Harlow
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Harlow St Mary and St Hugh with St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
5216 CHURCHGATE STREET
TL 4811 NW 7/7
Mid C19 former school, a complex based on a T-plan of one tall storey built
of coursed and squared rag-stone with ashlar quoins and dressings. Roofs
ridged and gabled clad with peg-tile with verge boards of Victorian Gothic
style hollow moulded and cusped - octagonal pendants at the apexes. Windows
tall rectangular voids with hollow chamfered mullions and no transoms.
The street frontage (east) has a gabled porch with 4 centred door head with
datestone over: AD. 1850. Four buttresses each with 3 off-sets interspersed
with 2 single and 2 pairs of double rectangular lancet windows complete
this elevation. At the centre of the roof a lantern part tile hung, saltire
traceried, with pyramidal roof on bold bracketted eaves.
Listing NGR: TL4826311544
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings