This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3037 / 51°18'13"N
Longitude: 0.4792 / 0°28'44"E
OS Eastings: 572912
OS Northings: 158977
OS Grid: TQ729589
Mapcode National: GBR PQS.7YP
Mapcode Global: VHJM6.8H5G
Entry Name: The Chequers Public House
Listing Date: 1 August 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1111803
English Heritage Legacy ID: 179239
Location: Aylesford, Tonbridge and Malling, Kent, ME20
District: Tonbridge and Malling
Civil Parish: Aylesford
Built-Up Area: Ditton
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Aylesford St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
AYLESFORD CP HIGH STREET
The Chequers Public
House, now public house. Early C16. Timber-framed with plaster infilling.
Plain tiled roof with 3 small return gables and two ridge stacks, to left and to
right of centre. 2½ storeys; front jettied out over ground and first floors on
moulded bressummers, that over first floor supported on carved wooden brackets.
Irregular fenestration with 3 windows in gables of 2nd floor, sliding casements,
with 2 small windows flanking central gable. 10 windows on 1st floor, including
2 oriels, supported by brackets and S-profile coves, below gables. Six windows
on ground floor. All windows on 1st and ground floors casements except 2 glaz-
ing bar sashes to the left on the ground floor. 4 doors on ground floor, 2 each
to left and right of centre; from left, boarded and ribbed, half-glazed, doubled
half-glazed and half-glazed respectively, all C20 in date. Interior: much
evidence of internal timber-framing.
Listing NGR: TQ7291258977
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings