This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9385 / 51°56'18"N
Longitude: 1.1761 / 1°10'33"E
OS Eastings: 618412
OS Northings: 231436
OS Grid: TM184314
Mapcode National: GBR VQL.J4L
Mapcode Global: VHLCD.BJLS
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 30 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1112076
English Heritage Legacy ID: 120341
Location: Wrabness, Tendring, Essex, CO11
Civil Parish: Wrabness
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Wrabness All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
WRABNESS RECTORY ROAD
TM 13 SE (north-east side)
1/116 The Old Rectory
Wrongly shown on OS map as Rectory. House. Early C19. Gault brick and red
brick in flemish bond, roofed with slate. T-shaped block facing E, with small
late C19 extension to rear. 2 storeys. Ground floor, 2 original sashes of 12
lights. First floor, 3 original sashes of 3 + 6 lights. All the windows have
flat brick arches, and contain most of the original crown glass. Central
half-glazed door with plain overlight and Tuscan portico. The door and the
central window are set back from the main elevation. Corner pilaster strips.
The front range and left return are of gault brick, the rear parts of red brick.
Hipped roofs of shallow pitch with long overhanging eaves. Original stair with
stick balusters. Original doors, skirtings, etc. Shown in tithe award of 1842,
with 55 acres of glebe, then in the occupation of the Rev. Patrick Fenn (Essex
Record Office, D/CT 413).
Listing NGR: TM1841231436
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings