This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8808 / 51°52'50"N
Longitude: 1.1627 / 1°9'45"E
OS Eastings: 617773
OS Northings: 224977
OS Grid: TM177249
Mapcode National: GBR VRC.0SC
Mapcode Global: VHLCL.3ZJK
Entry Name: Beaumont Rectory
Listing Date: 29 April 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1112125
English Heritage Legacy ID: 120248
Location: Beaumont-cum-Moze, Tendring, Essex, CO16
Civil Parish: Beaumont-cum-Moze
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Beaumont-cum-Moze
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
BEAUMONT-CUM-MOZE CHAPEL ROAD
TM 12 SE (south side)
5/4 Beaumont Rectory
House. Circa 1800. Red brick in Flemish bond, roofed with old grey slate.
Double-pile plan facing E, with 2 internal stacks symmetrically arranged, and
one at rear left. 2 storeys with attics. 5-window range of original sashes of
12 lights with gauged flat brick arches, painted reveals and crown glass. In
attic, 3 original sashes in semi-circular headed dormers. Central half-glazed
door and overlight with marginal lights and panelled reveals, Greek Doric
portico with triglyph frieze and 4 stone steps. Moulded stone cornice above
first-floor windows, plain parapet with stone coping. Hipped mansard roofs. The
left return has one original sash on the ground floor, 2 on the first floor and
a similar attic window. The right return has one blind aperture and one
original sash on each floor. Original lead rainwater heads and pipes. The rear
elevation has a 3-window range of original sashes, 2 similar attic windows, and
an off-centre 6-panel flush door with overlight, panelled jambs and soffit,
dentilled and moulded flat canopy, and 6 stone steps with wrought iron
handrails, all original. Walls connected with the house extend backwards from
each rear corner for approx. 5 metres, each with one semi-circular recessed arch
of gauged brick. The interior has the original 3-flight geometrical stair with
scrolled tread ends, wreathed handrail and stick balusters, doors, architraves,
skirtings, and folding shutters. The estate was acquired by Guy's Hospital
c.1760 (P. Morant, The History and Antiquities of the County of Essex, 1768, I,
486); the house is reported to have been a rectory from c.1850 to c.1955.
Listing NGR: TM1777324977
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings