History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Barn and Granary 65 Metres North West of Beaumont Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Beaumont-cum-Moze, Essex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8779 / 51°52'40"N

Longitude: 1.1646 / 1°9'52"E

OS Eastings: 617916

OS Northings: 224657

OS Grid: TM179246

Mapcode National: GBR VRC.77V

Mapcode Global: VHLCS.42J7

Entry Name: Barn and Granary 65 Metres North West of Beaumont Hall

Listing Date: 29 April 1952

Last Amended: 30 January 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1112128

English Heritage Legacy ID: 120253

Location: Beaumont-cum-Moze, Tendring, Essex, CO16

County: Essex

District: Tendring

Civil Parish: Beaumont-cum-Moze

Traditional County: Essex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex

Church of England Parish: Beaumont-cum-Moze

Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford

Find accommodation in
Thorpe le Soken

Listing Text

BEAUMONT-CUM-MOZE CHURCH LANE
TM 12 SE
5/9 Barn and granary 65
metres north-west of
29.4.52 Beaumont Hall, formerly
listed as Barns and
outbuildings at

Beaumont Hall

GV II

Barn and attached granary. C17, altered in early C19. Red brick in irregular
Flemish bond, roofed with handmade red clay tiles. Aligned NW-SE, originally
with 2 midstreys to NE (of which one remains in altered form), and 2-storey
granary forming a crosswing at the SE end. C19 lean-to extension to SW with
slate roof, forming a catslide. C19 lean-to extensions to NE, roofed with slate
and red clay 'Roman' tiles. The 2 opposite midstreys nearer the SE end have
been demolished and the apertures blocked. The 2 opposite midstreys nearer the
NW end have been reduced to lean-to's in the early C19, the original threshing
floor of Tudor bricks in herringbone pattern remaining. In the NE elevation
there are 8 original plain loop-vents, of which 3 are now in lean-to extensions.
In the NW gable end there is one original loop-vent, and a pitching door with
rebuilt arch; the upper half of the gable has been rebuilt. The 2-storey
granary has a string course at first-floor level, and weatherboarded gables. SE
elevation, one halved door, and garage doors in altered aperture. Ladder access
to first floor and one C20 casement. The floor is in 5 bays, with joists of
vertical section, and includes re-used medieval timber. Upper storey not
examined.


Listing NGR: TM1791624657

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.