This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5607 / 51°33'38"N
Longitude: 0.7893 / 0°47'21"E
OS Eastings: 593443
OS Northings: 188328
OS Grid: TQ934883
Mapcode National: GBR RQR.2DN
Mapcode Global: VHKHN.M1NF
Entry Name: Boundary Marker Post Adjacent to North Side of West Door, West Tower, Church of St Mary the Virgin
Listing Date: 13 January 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1112661
English Heritage Legacy ID: 123082
Location: Barling Magna, Rochford, Essex, SS3
Civil Parish: Barling Magna
Built-Up Area: Great Wakering
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
TQ 98 NW
LITTLE WAKERING ROAD
Boundary marker post
adjacent to north side
of West door, west tower,
Church of St. Mary the
Boundary post. C19. Cast iron. Square post with circular bell shaped head and
finial. Below the head a square panel with moulded letters ST. B.H. and Coat of
Arms over, relating to St. Bartholomew's Hospital, London. The Advowson and
Land were deeded circa 1190 by William de Taydena to the Master of St.
Bartholomew's Hospital, London, who were patrons until 1960 when the Bishop of
Chelmsford accepted the Right of Presentation. One of two similar posts at this
Church. Historical notes of the Church and Parish of Little Wakering, Howard W.
Sanderson F.R.G.S. Vicar. Undated.
Listing NGR: TQ9344388328
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings