This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8823 / 51°52'56"N
Longitude: 0.4467 / 0°26'48"E
OS Eastings: 568499
OS Northings: 223243
OS Grid: TL684232
Mapcode National: GBR NG7.ZQX
Mapcode Global: VHJJ8.PYJF
Entry Name: St Judes
Listing Date: 6 August 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1112735
English Heritage Legacy ID: 122854
Location: Stebbing, Uttlesford, Essex, CM6
Civil Parish: Stebbing
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Stebbing St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 62 SE STEBBING STEBBING GREEN
4/432 (East Side)
House C17 or earlier core, with circa 1819 flint and red brick dressed cladding
and matching C20 addition to left, this addition with archway and crosswing.
Red plain tiled roof, ½ hipped to crosswing and to right. 2 storeys. 1:3 window
range first floor. 1:2 range to ground floor of gothic windows in dressed round
head openings. Board door with pointed arch head in matching dressed opening.
Dressed quoins and band. Original inglenook fireplace and incorporated
bakehouse. Off centre red brick chimney stack. Known as "The Black Horse".
Public House 1906.
Listing NGR: TL6849923243
Other nearby listed buildings