This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5335 / 51°32'0"N
Longitude: -0.129 / 0°7'44"W
OS Eastings: 529873
OS Northings: 183278
OS Grid: TQ298832
Mapcode National: GBR H4.6G
Mapcode Global: VHGQS.QQ59
Entry Name: Pancras Road Arches
Listing Date: 11 November 1996
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1113245
English Heritage Legacy ID: 477695
Location: Camden, London, NW1
Electoral Ward/Division: St Pancras and Somers Town
Built-Up Area: Camden
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Pancras Old Church
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ2983SE PANCRAS ROAD
798-1/84/1894 (West side)
11/11/96 Pancras Road Arches
Section of St Pancras goods yard perimeter wall with integral
shops. A substantial remnant of the former coal depot
belonging to the Midland Railway Company. Erected as offices
and coal trading stores 1895-1898, possibly to the designs of
John Underwood, engineer to the Midland Railway Company. Red
brick in English Bond with stone dressings; parapeted roof.
Single-storey; pointed-arch arcade of 28 bays, most with shop
fronts of authentic design, in the Gothic Revival style. A
rare survival of commercial premises incorporated within a
rail goods yard.
Listing NGR: TQ2987383278
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings