This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.159 / 53°9'32"N
Longitude: -2.1356 / 2°8'8"W
OS Eastings: 391030
OS Northings: 362433
OS Grid: SJ910624
Mapcode National: GBR 12G.T2B
Mapcode Global: WHBC2.5V9N
Entry Name: Primitive Methodist Chapel
Listing Date: 29 March 1999
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1113310
English Heritage Legacy ID: 473479
Location: Rushton, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, CW12
District: Staffordshire Moorlands
Civil Parish: Rushton
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Rushton Spencer St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
5J965W RUSHTON THE CLOUD, Ruston Spencer
1915/4/10022 Primitive Methodist Chapel
Primitive Methodist Chapel. 1815; extended Late C20. Coursed stone. Clay plain tile roof with stone-coped gable ends with shaped kneelers.
PLAN: Single-cell rectangular plan; Sunday school added to south end circa late C20.
EXTERIOR: Single-storey. 3-bay east elevation with three round-arch windows in dressed stone frames with cites and wooden 16-pane fixed-light windows, the centre with opening top Light. Similar but smaller window in north gable end. Rear (W) watt is blind and with small outshut on left. Sunday school extension on south end, brick with lower roof.
INTERIOR: Ceiled and with plastered walls. Simple furnishings with Cl9 benches with shaped ends, panelled rostrum with brass candlesticks, and marble wall monuments.
NOTE: Cloud Chapel is one of the earliest Primitive Methodist chapels to be built.
Listing NGR: SJ9103062433
Other nearby listed buildings