This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5064 / 51°30'22"N
Longitude: -0.5538 / 0°33'13"W
OS Eastings: 500466
OS Northings: 179595
OS Grid: TQ004795
Mapcode National: GBR F88.JSS
Mapcode Global: VHFT9.CD2K
Entry Name: 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, St Marys Road
Listing Date: 29 September 1950
Last Amended: 3 August 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1113387
English Heritage Legacy ID: 38733
Location: Slough, SL3
Electoral Ward/Division: Langley St Mary's
Built-Up Area: Slough
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: Langley Marish
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
TQ 07 NW SLOUGH St. MARY'S ROAD (east side)
5/1 Nos. 12, 14, 16, 18, 20 And
22 (formerly listed as New
29.9.50 Alms Houses
6 almshouses. 1679 and 1687. Red brick with cement rendered window dressings, porch,
and ground floor to left. Old tile roof. 1 1/2 storeys. South front: plinth, plat
band, parapeted gable ends crowned with triangular pediments 8 gabled eaves dormers
with 2-light diamond leaded casements and 3 ridge stacks each with 4 diamond shafts.
Central projecting 2 storey porch with moulded string course and shaped gable end
crowned by a traingular pediment; first floor 2-light diamond leaded casement with
circular stone panel beneath, rusticated round entrance arch with impost bands, and
small round arched windows in sides. 6 ground floor 2-light diamond leaded casements
and boarded doors between first second and third and fourth, fifth and sixth with four-
centred arched heads, cement rendered architraves and triangular pediments with circular
motifs in tympana. Stone plaque on left-hand return wall of porch inscribed: Seymour
Almshouses Founded 1679 Restored 1960: These almshouses were founded by Sir Henry
Seymour. V.C.H. (Bucks), Vol.3, p.295; B.O.E. (Bucks), p.183.
Listing NGR: TQ0046979596
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings