This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1255 / 52°7'31"N
Longitude: -0.2873 / 0°17'14"W
OS Eastings: 517344
OS Northings: 248846
OS Grid: TL173488
Mapcode National: GBR H3R.L67
Mapcode Global: VHGMS.YTZZ
Entry Name: Dovecote to Se of Sandye Place
Listing Date: 21 December 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1113712
English Heritage Legacy ID: 37539
Location: Sandy, Central Bedfordshire, SG19
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Sandy
Built-Up Area: Sandy
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Sandy
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
5124 SANDY PARK ROAD
Dovecote to south-east of
TL 14 NE 2/33
Circular ironstone dovecote, apparently dating from the early C20 when the
house was in the ownership of Walter Graves, FRIBA. Conical clay tile roof
with cupola, with 3 tiers of dove-holes and weathervane. Three-piece door
lintel - each with decorated medallion; from left to right, pair of peacocks,
letter "C" and pair of swans.
Listing NGR: TL1734448846
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings