This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0358 / 52°2'9"N
Longitude: -0.352 / 0°21'7"W
OS Eastings: 513138
OS Northings: 238775
OS Grid: TL131387
Mapcode National: GBR H4T.7TZ
Mapcode Global: VHFQW.V374
Entry Name: Left Hand Wall of a Pair Flanking Entrance at East Lodge
Listing Date: 10 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1113719
English Heritage Legacy ID: 37557
Location: Campton and Chicksands, Central Bedfordshire, SG17
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Campton and Chicksands
Built-Up Area: Shefford
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Campton
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
LH wall of a pair flanking entrance at East Lodge
One of a pair of curved walls flanking entrance to Chicksands Priory at East Lodge. 1866 for George Robert Osborn, 6th Baronet (1818-1892). Ashlared limestone. Sited in front of the lodge cottage, consists of 2 square piers about 1.5 metres high, linked by a stretch of curved walling approximately 15 metres long and half the height of the piers. The wall is topped by plain wrought iron railings.
Listing NGR: TL1313838777
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings