This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0418 / 52°2'30"N
Longitude: -0.3658 / 0°21'56"W
OS Eastings: 512179
OS Northings: 239414
OS Grid: TL121394
Mapcode National: GBR H4L.Y29
Mapcode Global: VHFQP.LYZ4
Entry Name: Orangery Approximately 100 Metres North East of Chicksands Priory
Listing Date: 11 October 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1113727
English Heritage Legacy ID: 37576
Location: Campton and Chicksands, Central Bedfordshire, SG17
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Campton and Chicksands
Built-Up Area: Chicksands
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Campton
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 1218 3941 CHICKSANDS
7/22 Orangery approx 100 metres
11.10.73 NE of Chicksands Priory
Orangery. Circa 1800 for Sir George Osborn. Probably by James Wyatt.
Gothick style. Red brick structure with timber facade, hipped slate roof.
Small rectangular building facing S. 5 bays, outer 4 having full-length
sashes with glazing bars, central one, slightly wider, having French windows
with glazing bars. Bays are divided by slender Gothic clustered half-columns.
Entablature formerly had Latin inscription, now no longer visible.
Entablature supports 6 crocketed pinnacles in line with columns.
Listing NGR: TL1217939414
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings