This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0387 / 52°2'19"N
Longitude: -0.3344 / 0°20'3"W
OS Eastings: 514341
OS Northings: 239124
OS Grid: TL143391
Mapcode National: GBR H4V.09L
Mapcode Global: VHGNC.502X
Entry Name: 2 and 4, High Street
Listing Date: 10 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1113763
English Heritage Legacy ID: 37652
Location: Shefford, Central Bedfordshire, SG17
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Shefford
Built-Up Area: Shefford
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Shefford
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 1439 SHEFFORD HIGH STREET
8/98 (north side)
- Nos. 2 and 4
Houses, now used as shop. Early and later C19, encasing a C17 building. Red
brick, partly rendered and tile hung, with clay tile roofs. Some substantial
timber framing visible internally in SE corner. E elevation (onto Northbridge
Street) is of yellow brick. H-plan, 2 storeyed central block and 2 storey and
attics cross-wings. Outer gables have brick ground floor, rendered first
floor with mock timber framing, and attics hung with fishscale tiles. Central
block has C19 shop window to LH and doorway under sloping-roofed porch to RH
Tripartite sash windows without glazing bars to first floor of each block.
Single-light casements with glazing bars to cross-wing attics. Pierced wavy-
edged bargeboards to cross-wing gables. W elevation: C19 shop-front projects
at ground floor level, with pilasters with moulded cornice. First floor has 3
sashes with glazing bars, under wood valances with pediment heads.
Listing NGR: TL1434139124
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings