This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0389 / 52°2'20"N
Longitude: -0.3337 / 0°20'1"W
OS Eastings: 514387
OS Northings: 239142
OS Grid: TL143391
Mapcode National: GBR H4V.0H1
Mapcode Global: VHGNC.50FT
Entry Name: The White Hart Public House
Listing Date: 10 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1113770
English Heritage Legacy ID: 37674
Location: Shefford, Central Bedfordshire, SG17
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Shefford
Built-Up Area: Shefford
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Shefford
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 1439 SHEFFORD NORTHBRIDGE STREET
8/120 (east side)
- The White Hart
Public house. Circa 1600, reworked early and mid C19. Red brick refronting
to timber framed building. Colourwashed brick block to LH. Clay tile roofs.
4-bay main block, raised to 3 storeys when refronted. 2 storeyed LH block.
Main block: Off-centre 3-storeyed projecting bay. L of this is flat-roofed
porch on moulded square section piers, sheltering part-glazed double doors.
Carriage entrance to RH bay. All windows, 2 to ground floor, 4 each to first
and second floors, have slightly cambered gauged brick heads. First and
second floor windows are sashes. Ground floor windows are tripartite, with
slightly bowed central lights and leaded top lights. Parapet hides original
roofline. LH block: one sash window per floor, ground floor one larger with
cambered head. Doorway to RH with flat hood.
Listing NGR: TL1438739142
Other nearby listed buildings