This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9826 / 51°58'57"N
Longitude: -0.5959 / 0°35'45"W
OS Eastings: 496526
OS Northings: 232503
OS Grid: SP965325
Mapcode National: GBR F2F.L5Y
Mapcode Global: VHFQY.MFBG
Entry Name: North One of Pair of Lead Troughs Approximately 35 Metres East of Woburn Abbey South Wing
Listing Date: 16 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1114016
English Heritage Legacy ID: 38267
Location: Woburn, Central Bedfordshire, MK17
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Woburn
Built-Up Area: Woburn
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Woburn
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
SP 9632-9732 WOBURN WOBURN PARK
N one of pair of lead
10/171 troughs approximately
35 m E of Woburn Abbey
Water trough, probably not in original position. Dated 1771, with initials DB
within design and HWT scatched lower down. Lead. Rectangular, standing under
1 metre high and approximately 1.5 metres wide. Moulded decoration of
overlapping geometrical panels containing variety of decorative motifs.
Latter include St George and the dragon, scallop shells, winged putti and
paterae. Also, above initials, a coronet and a ram, the Bedford crest. Forms
a pair with item 10/172, and whilst not identical some of the
decorative motifs are the same.
Listing NGR: SP9652632503
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings