This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1113 / 52°6'40"N
Longitude: -0.2147 / 0°12'52"W
OS Eastings: 522351
OS Northings: 247394
OS Grid: TL223473
Mapcode National: GBR J5C.LJJ
Mapcode Global: VHGN1.76B8
Entry Name: Village Farmhouse
Listing Date: 26 November 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1114087
English Heritage Legacy ID: 38448
Location: Sutton, Central Bedfordshire, SG19
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Sutton
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Sutton
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
SUTTON HIGH STREET
TL 2247 (North Street)
14/74 Nos. 15 and 17 (Village
House, subdivided into 2 dwellings. C17 or earlier, reworked and extended
C19. Original structure timber framed with colourwashed roughcast render.
Later reworkings in brick, some exposed, some colourwashed or rendered. Older
parts have C20 tiles, C19 additions have slates. Original structure probably
2-storeyed T-plan, with additions to W, N and E. E elevation: pair projecting
gables to LH both faced in brick, each gable with one window per floor. Plain
block has catslide roof down to single-storeyed elevation containing 2 part-
glazed doors and one window. C19 2-storeyed addition to RH, without
fenestration. Windows mostly sashes with glazing bars. Main block has red
brick multiple ridge stack with rebuilt diagonal shafts, in line with LH door,
Red brick stacks between 2 LH gables and at junction with RH block, both
rebuilt. Road elevation: ground floor rebuilt in brick. Variety of sash and
casement windows. Integral brick stack to LH end.
Listing NGR: TL2235147394
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings