History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Tempsford, Central Bedfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1633 / 52°9'47"N

Longitude: -0.3033 / 0°18'11"W

OS Eastings: 516153

OS Northings: 253022

OS Grid: TL161530

Mapcode National: GBR H3B.857

Mapcode Global: VHGML.PWJJ

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 16 January 1952

Last Amended: 26 November 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1114098

English Heritage Legacy ID: 38469

Location: Tempsford, Central Bedfordshire, SG19

County: Central Bedfordshire

Civil Parish: Tempsford

Traditional County: Bedfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire

Church of England Parish: Tempsford with Little Barford

Church of England Diocese: St.Albans

Find accommodation in
Sandy

Listing Text

TEMPSFORD MILL LANE
TL 1653 (Church End)
9/100 The Old Rectory, (formerly
16.1.52 listed as The Rectory)
GV II
House, formerly a rectory. C16, reworked and sustantially extended later C19.
Original structure has substantial timber frame, exposed to rear elevation
with colourwashed plaster infill, and to E gable end with colourwashed brick
infill. N elevation of original block cased in same C19 yellow brick as the
additions adjoining to W, Clay tiles to earlier part, C20 tiles elsewhere.
Original structure is 2 storeyed, of 2-room plan, Later additions also 2
storeyed but somewhat taller. Variety of sash and casement windows, mostly
C19. Earlier block retains a 3-light casement with leaded lights to rear.
Original block has ridge stack rebuilt in yellow brick. Interior: earlier
block has moulded main posts and tie beam in upper room. House also has
reused C16 moulded timbers brought from Tempsford Chantry House (demolished
1939).


Listing NGR: TL1615353022

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.