This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1156 / 52°6'56"N
Longitude: -0.4707 / 0°28'14"W
OS Eastings: 504814
OS Northings: 247470
OS Grid: TL048474
Mapcode National: GBR G2C.7TZ
Mapcode Global: VHFQF.S2JZ
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 17 May 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1114169
English Heritage Legacy ID: 36701
Location: Elstow, Bedford, MK42
Civil Parish: Elstow
Built-Up Area: Bedford
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Elstow
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 0447 ELSTOW CHURCH END
8/64 The Old Vicarage
House, formerly vicarage. Circular plaques: "S.W. 1796", being reworking of
earlier building. C18 and C19 wings added to rear, and C19 refenestration.
Pebbledash render over brick but probably with some timber frame encased
within. Clay tile roof. 2-storeyed front block of 4-room plan with later
blocks projecting from rear. Front elevation: variety of C19 mullion and
transom windows. Gabled wood porch with clay tile roof. Red brick multiple
ridge stack between 2 RH bays. Listed for group value.
Listing NGR: TL0481447470
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings