This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0327 / 52°1'57"N
Longitude: -0.4895 / 0°29'22"W
OS Eastings: 503714
OS Northings: 238222
OS Grid: TL037382
Mapcode National: GBR G39.H1W
Mapcode Global: VHFQT.G5KK
Entry Name: Brandreth House
Listing Date: 17 July 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1114441
English Heritage Legacy ID: 37353
Location: Ampthill, Central Bedfordshire, MK45
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Ampthill
Built-Up Area: Ampthill
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Ampthill
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
774 CHURCH STREET
No 36 (Brandreth House)
TL 0338 1/25 17.7.51.
Mid-C18. Brick. 2 storeys. Parapet. Slate Mansard roof with dormers.
3 windows face West, 2 windows South. String courses over each storey.
Fanlight over panelled door, which is set in panelled reveals. Shaped
hood supported by curious brackets, which are a continuation of the pilasters,
of flattened oval section, which curve upwards away from the wall, round
and finally turn just downwards. This peculiar form of pilaster-bracket
occurs again at No 3 Church Street.
Nos 34 to 36, Little Dynevor, Nos 1 to 7 (consec) (Feoffee Almshouses)
form a group with Parish Church of St Andrews.
Listing NGR: TL0371438222
Other nearby listed buildings