This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0897 / 52°5'23"N
Longitude: -0.2538 / 0°15'13"W
OS Eastings: 519735
OS Northings: 244924
OS Grid: TL197449
Mapcode National: GBR J5H.W3L
Mapcode Global: VHGN0.KQ6W
Entry Name: Cemetery Chapels
Listing Date: 7 December 1978
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1114481
English Heritage Legacy ID: 37444
Location: Biggleswade, Central Bedfordshire, SG18
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Biggleswade
Built-Up Area: Biggleswade
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Biggleswade
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 1944 1/32
Pair of chapels: one Church of England, one Non-Conformist. Designed 1867 by
Hooker and Ladds of Chapel Street, Bedford Row, London. Gault brick with red
brick and stone dressings. Slate roofs with terracotta ridge tiles. Large Neo-Gothic
windows are 4-light with trefoil head. These flank a central arched carriage
entrance with a slender tower above. This has corner buttresses, a pyramidal
roof and 2-light windows of similar style to the chapels.
Listing NGR: TL1973544924
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings