This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1354 / 52°8'7"N
Longitude: -0.4685 / 0°28'6"W
OS Eastings: 504919
OS Northings: 249674
OS Grid: TL049496
Mapcode National: GBR G25.2CG
Mapcode Global: VHFQ7.TLPB
Entry Name: Town Hall
Listing Date: 6 June 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1114520
English Heritage Legacy ID: 35565
Location: Bedford, MK40
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle
Built-Up Area: Bedford
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Bedford St Paul
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
831 SAINT PAUL'S SQUARE
TL 0449 1/50 6.6.52.
1767 refacing of Tudor building by Isaac Clayson, further refaced with
additions 1861. Ashlar with cornice and parapet. Slight central projec-
tion with pediment. 2 storeys, 1: 2: 1 windows in architraves. Central
door in architrave with pediment. Semi-circular round arched niche above
door contains statue (by Benjamin Palmer) of Sir William Harpur, 1767,
benefactor of Grammar School formerly occupying building.
Listing NGR: TL0491949674
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings