This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8744 / 51°52'27"N
Longitude: -0.4195 / 0°25'10"W
OS Eastings: 508899
OS Northings: 220715
OS Grid: TL088207
Mapcode National: GBR TS7.Q6
Mapcode Global: VHFRM.P42X
Entry Name: Former Chapel Langley School
Listing Date: 20 February 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1114636
English Heritage Legacy ID: 35845
Location: Luton, LU1
Electoral Ward/Division: Farley
Built-Up Area: Luton
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Luton St Saviour
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
5123 Former Chapel
TL 0820 3/6
Large and impressive Board School built in 1880 on corner site. Luton grey
brick with lighter red brick dressings, Welsh slate roof. Long elevation
to Russell Street has central break in building line. Left hand block has
central projecting gable with further gable on its right. Right hand block
has same central projecting gable with further gables on either side. Apsidal
wing facing Chapel Street making L-plan building. Rear wing has apsidal projection.
Rear elevation of main block has 2 projecting gabled wings and one apsidal
wing. Moulded brick eaves throughout with frieze of lozenges. Windows are
all pointed arched sashes with red brick heads and stone drip moulds. Gable
ends have compositions of three or four windows with roundel above. The roundel
is set in a red brick and stone arch with the typanum decorated with a moulded
terracotta scallop pattern.
Listing NGR: TL0889920715
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings