This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8576 / 51°51'27"N
Longitude: -0.4307 / 0°25'50"W
OS Eastings: 508169
OS Northings: 218835
OS Grid: TL081188
Mapcode National: GBR G5H.KX0
Mapcode Global: VHFRM.HK4S
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 26 September 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1114661
English Heritage Legacy ID: 35901
Location: Slip End, Central Bedfordshire, LU1
County: Central Bedfordshire
Civil Parish: Slip End
Built-Up Area: Slip End
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Woodside St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
5125 SLIP END WOODSIDE
Church of St Andrew
TL 01 NE 43/44
1889-90 by J R Brown and Son. Early English with decorated elements. An aisless
church built of Luton grey brick with limestone dressings. Plain tile roof. Transepts and chancel. Steep hipped roof bell turret over west end with trefoiled lights to each face under overhanging eaves. Plate tracery windows with 2 trefoils below quartrefoil in between nave buttresses. Half timbered south porch. Three lancets to east end. Interior brick dressed. Waggon roof to chancel. Five bay limestone reredos with marble shafting. The church was founded by the Crawley family and there is contemporary memorial stained glass to them.
Listing NGR: TL0816918835
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings