This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3079 / 52°18'28"N
Longitude: -0.4874 / 0°29'14"W
OS Eastings: 503223
OS Northings: 268833
OS Grid: TL032688
Mapcode National: GBR G00.9L1
Mapcode Global: VHFPG.H8P2
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 7 May 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1114804
English Heritage Legacy ID: 36260
Location: Dean and Shelton, Bedford, PE28
Civil Parish: Dean and Shelton
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Shelton
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 06NW DEAN AND SHELTON CHURCH ROAD (WEST SIDE),
1/61 The Old Rectory
Rectory. C18 with later additions. Colour washed brick and coursed rubble. Hipped
clay tile roofs. Double pile plan with later extensions to rear. 2 storeys.
Entrance front: possibly originally symmetrical rendered asymmetrical by later rear
extensions, fibs 2 3-light wood mullioned sash windows to ground floor, 2 sashes and
one double sash window to first floor, moulded panelled architrave, with hood.
Rectangular fanlight without glazing bars. Half glazed door. Early C19 back wing
said to contain some very thick, possibly medieval, internal walls. C20 one storey
and attics extension projects from NE elevation of back wing.
Listing NGR: TL0322368833
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings