This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2942 / 52°17'39"N
Longitude: -0.5172 / 0°31'1"W
OS Eastings: 501224
OS Northings: 267266
OS Grid: TL012672
Mapcode National: GBR G05.22Z
Mapcode Global: VHFPF.ZLGM
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 7 May 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1114816
English Heritage Legacy ID: 36287
Location: Melchbourne and Yielden, Bedford, MK44
Civil Parish: Melchbourne and Yielden
Traditional County: Bedfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Bedfordshire
Church of England Parish: Yelden
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TL 06NW MELCHBOURNE AND YIELDEN CHURCH LANE (NORTH SIDE),
1/100 The Old Rectory
House. C16, (circa 1700) and C19. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar dressings.
Old clay tile roof, hipped at East end. C16 2-bay 2-storey block to East. 2 2-light
casements under stone lintels to ground floor, right hand one C20. First floor has
one 2-light casement and one later wooden mullion and transom window rising into
gabled dormer. Small carved stone panel of Tudor rose below first floor casement.
late C17 or early C18 central block with recessed slightly later extension to West
end, both of 2-storeys and attics and with fenestration of same period. Wooden
mullion and transom windows under wooden lintels, 3 to each floor and one over front
door serving stair well. 2 gabled dormers with 2-light casements. Front door of
6 fielded panels, top pair glazed. Leaded lights to all windows. Drawing room
retains fielded bolection moulded panelling, study has ovolo moulded panelling,
both of painted deal. Rear extension has 1832 datestone.
Listing NGR: TL0122467266
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings