History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Eastwood Park

A Grade II Listed Building in Falfield, South Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6296 / 51°37'46"N

Longitude: -2.472 / 2°28'19"W

OS Eastings: 367422

OS Northings: 192417

OS Grid: ST674924

Mapcode National: GBR JW.8JW7

Mapcode Global: VH87Y.39HK

Entry Name: Eastwood Park

Listing Date: 5 June 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1114986

English Heritage Legacy ID: 34677

Location: Falfield, South Gloucestershire, GL12

County: South Gloucestershire

Civil Parish: Falfield

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Falfield St George

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Falfield

Listing Text

ST 69 SE FALFIELD EASTWOOD PARK

1/54 Eastwood Park

G.V. II

Country house, now a hospital engineering centre. Begun c.1820 for the Earl of
Liverpool and rebuilt and enlarged c.1865 probably by S.W. Daukes of Gloucester
for Sir G.S. Jenkinson. Coursed squared rubble with freestone dressings;
reproduction stone slate roof; modillioned eaves cornice; panelled ashlar
stacks. In a French late C17/C18 style. East elevation. 2 storeys and
attics in gabled dormers with hipped roofs. 2 : 5 : 2 bays, the outer parts
project as wings with hipped roofs. C20 2-light casement windows, segmental
headed with keystones on ground floor, panelled aprons to centre 5 ground floor
windows and French windows to outer bays; balconies with pierced parapets and on
carved brackets to first floor; the dormer windows have round heads with a
keystone and a cast iron finial. French quoins to outer bays. The entrance
(north) elevation is similar but of only 4 bays and with no balconies to the
first floor windows. Off-centre 3 storey tower with porte-cochere; French
rustication on first 2 floors and panelled pilasters above; truncated pyramidal
roof (formerly with a turret); round headed carriage entries with moulded
surrounds and keystones. To the right is a single storey service wing of nine
2-light cross windows, some in bay windows with catslide roofs; louvre ridge
vents. Interior: cantilever staircase with cast iron balustrade, painted
window with Jenkinson heraldry; the dining room has a decorative plaster
cornice.


Listing NGR: ST6742292417

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.