This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5476 / 51°32'51"N
Longitude: -2.351 / 2°21'3"W
OS Eastings: 375755
OS Northings: 183245
OS Grid: ST757832
Mapcode National: GBR 0ND.SJ9
Mapcode Global: VH95V.6CGG
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Adeline
Listing Date: 5 June 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1115004
English Heritage Legacy ID: 34715
Location: Little Sodbury, South Gloucestershire, BS37
County: South Gloucestershire
Civil Parish: Little Sodbury
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Little Sodbury St Adeline
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
ST 78 SE LITTLE SODBURY
8/90 Parish Church of St. Adeline
Parish church (Anglican). 1859 by William James in a Perpendicular style and
said to incorporate parts of the former church which stood near the manor.
South west tower; Nave with sanctuary; North aisle. Coursed rubble with
freestone dressings; Cotswold stone slate roofs with coped raised verges,
behind embattled parapets. South west tower of 3 stages with an embattled
parapet and pinnacles; diagonal buttresses; 4-centred head to doorcase, oak
door with cusped panels and ogee head. Nave: 2-light windows with cusped heads
to tracery and under 4-centred heads with dripmoulds; east and west windows have
3-lights. North aisle: 3-light windows with square heads. Interior: 3 bay
arcade; arch-braced roof supported on carved corbels. Font: octagonal, in a
Perpendicular style with a quatrefoil bowl. Pulpit: octagonal, in a Perpendicular
style with cusped niches. Pews and communion rail of 1859.
Listing NGR: ST7575583245
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings