This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.097 / 50°5'49"N
Longitude: -5.5515 / 5°33'5"W
OS Eastings: 146103
OS Northings: 27924
OS Grid: SW461279
Mapcode National: GBR DXNF.CX3
Mapcode Global: VH05H.QTHH
Entry Name: Trewarveneth Farmhouse and Adjoining Barn
Listing Date: 3 September 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1115113
English Heritage Legacy ID: 351302
Location: Penzance, Cornwall, TR18
Civil Parish: Penzance
Built-Up Area: Newlyn
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Paul
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 4627 9/628 Trewarveneth Farmhouse
and adjoining Barn.
Farmhouse and adjoining barn converted into a studio. C17 house with C18 and
C19 alterations and early C19 additions. Stone rubble. Scantle slate roof with
gabled ends. Two storeys. Three windows range. C19 sashes in earlier openings,
two on first floor with stone surrounds: first floor window in east gable end,
of five lights with stone mullions and dripmould, two of the mullions removed
when later window was inserted. Modern ground floor bay window and glazed porch.
Chimney stacks at gable ends.
Circa early C19 wing to south east with half-hipped roof and segmental bay window
of sashes. The wing forms link with a former barn converted into a studio in
circa. 1900 for the painter Alexander Stanhope Forbes 1857-1947, a founder member
of the 'Newlyn School' and Royal Academician. Stanhope Forbes lived from 1901 to
1904 at Trewarveneth, a former Manor House of the Manor of Trewarveneth.
Listing NGR: SW4610327924
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings