This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7526 / 51°45'9"N
Longitude: -1.2498 / 1°14'59"W
OS Eastings: 451885
OS Northings: 206260
OS Grid: SP518062
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z4.2VQ
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.965R
Entry Name: 48, High Street
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1115601
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245490
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holywell
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 5106 SE 9/412 12.1.54.
House and shop. Probably early Cl8 4-storeyed stuccoed front with cellars
and a Welsh slate hipped roof. There is a moulded cornice at the 2nd floor
and a good moulded and modillioned eaves cornice with egg and tongue decoration.
There is an ancient lead rainwater head and pipe in the centre. Upper floors
converted to use of St Edmund Hall in 1930. Mid Cl9 shop.
All the listed buildings on the North Side form a group.
Listing NGR: SP5188506260
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings