This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3835 / 51°23'0"N
Longitude: 0.5091 / 0°30'32"E
OS Eastings: 574694
OS Northings: 167923
OS Grid: TQ746679
Mapcode National: GBR PPV.9HD
Mapcode Global: VHJLT.RHZ8
Entry Name: The Good Companions Club Including Wall to Left Part of Frontage
Listing Date: 24 October 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1115706
English Heritage Legacy ID: 173108
Location: Medway, ME1
Electoral Ward/Division: River
Built-Up Area: Rochester
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Rochester St Peter Parish Centre
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
ROCHESTER NEW ROAD
TQ 7467 NW
12/178 No 3 (The Good
24.10.50 including wall to
left part of
Former house, now a club, with service wing attached to left.
Early C19. Flemish bond gault brick; Welsh slate hipped roof.
End stacks. Double depth central entrance plan. 2 storeys.
Front (of main house): 3 bays, the centre bay projecting
slightly, with corner pilasters, all under moulded stucco
cornice. The windows are arranged to resemble Venetian windows:
all with sashes (6 panes below, 10 above) under a stone round-
headed arch, flanked by recessed sliding louvred shutters under
flat arches, with continuous stone sills. All details appear to
be original. Stone Ionic doorcase, frieze with 2 wreaths,
cornice and entablature. Service wing (with C20 cornice tile
roof), 2 window range with 12-pane sashes in reveals under flat
brick arches. Paired central, and 2 angle, inset pilaster
strips. Wall in front of service wing with cast-iron floriated
spikes to coping. C20 single storeyed extension to right. Rear:
mid C20 ground floor extension. Rendered 1st floor preserves
tripartite facade with 2 outer segmental bows with c.1900 barred
casements. Central c.1820 blank quatrefoil with plaster frame.
Recessed pilaster strips articulate the elevation. Right return
with 1st floor sash window in recessed panel.
Listing NGR: TQ7469167920
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings