This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2746 / 53°16'28"N
Longitude: -2.9811 / 2°58'52"W
OS Eastings: 334669
OS Northings: 375742
OS Grid: SJ346757
Mapcode National: GBR 7ZMK.DV
Mapcode Global: WH87T.5YNH
Entry Name: Inglewood
Listing Date: 10 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1115710
English Heritage Legacy ID: 55647
Location: Ledsham, Cheshire West and Chester, CH66
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Ledsham
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Willaston Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 37 NW LEDSHAM C.P. BADGERSRAKE LANE
Formerly large house, now training centre: 1909 and dated 1915,for FH
Fox. Mainly timber-framed, some ashlar red sandstone and some stone
dressed English garden wall bond brown brick. Bellcast half-hipped
Lake land green slate roofs and 7 tall brick chimneys.Vernacular
revival. Rectangular plan of 3 fronts. 2 and 3-storey, 8-bay east
entrance front. Stone plinth and close studding. 2-storey nearly
central projecting gabled and ball finialled stone porch with date and
arms over a moulded doorcase with 4-light square mullioned window
above. Semi-circular oriels on ground storey to either side. 5th bay
is a projecting gable withjettying at each floor, and wood mullioned
windows. Servants wing to the right in same style. Left 2 bays of
brick contain main chimney breast. 2-storey, 5-bay nearly symmetrical
south front. Stone dressed brick below, timber-framed above. End
bays project under half-hipped gables. Between is a balcony on wooden
piers with 4-light stone mullioned and transomed windows and basket
arched doorway below, wooden mullioned and transomed windows above.
West front is similar but less distinguished. Fine lead rainwater
Interior: mixture of Jacobean and late C17 styles. Oak fittings
throughout. Large entrance hall with heavy ceiling beams and joists
on wooden piers. Twisted baluster stair with square newels and
obelisk finials divides to left and right. 4-centred arched stone
fireplace with Jacobean overmantel and beaten iron hood over the fire.
Fluted pilasters and flat hoods on carved consoles to doorcases.
Common Room has light oak fittings. Doorcases with torches and
entablatures. Panelled dado contains finely carved strapwork
pilasters and Jacobean frieze. Bold plaster borders to the ceiling of
vines. Very broad doorway to room to right.
Dining Room, has screen of 4 fluted columns. Heavy mid C18-style
plaster ceiling and Neo-Classical fireplace with an iron grate.
Former study now manager's room upstairs is panelled in Jacobean style
throughout. Carved stone fireplace with pair of griffons, and carved
stone doorcase to anteroom with running border of animals, birds and
vines, crest at the centre.
Listing NGR: SJ3466975742
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings