History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

36, CHAPEL STREET (See details for further address information)

A Grade II Listed Building in Bradford, Bradford

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.7943 / 53°47'39"N

Longitude: -1.7451 / 1°44'42"W

OS Eastings: 416890

OS Northings: 433136

OS Grid: SE168331

Mapcode National: GBR JLK.TF

Mapcode Global: WHC99.5W8M

Entry Name: 36, CHAPEL STREET (See details for further address information)

Listing Date: 9 August 1983

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1115762

English Heritage Legacy ID: 336246

Location: Bradford, BD1

County: Bradford

Electoral Ward/Division: City

Parish: Non Civil Parish

Built-Up Area: Bradford

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Peter Bradford

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Bradford

Listing Text

1,
5111 CHAPEL STREET BD1
(east side)

Nos 36 and 38
SE 1633 SE 37/355

II GV


2.
(There are no Nos 32-34). A large 4-storey warehouse/office block. Circa 1870-71
design by Andrews and Delanney. V grooved horizontal rustication to ashlar ground
floor and partial basement, finished off by moulded first floor sill course; sill
bands to top floors; console brackets to projecting eaves cornice. Hipped slate roof
Italianate corniced chimney stack. Nine bay broad front with close set segmental
arched ground and first floor windows. Panelled aprons to ground floor windows with
recessed surrounds, keystones to arches. First floor windows have impost band
carried up over arches, incised panels between. Off centre segmental arched waggon
way and long semi-circular arched office portal in north end bay. The latter has
double doors with moulded panels, carved lintel on profiled consoles surmounted by
crest set in front of fanlight; spaced voussoirs to arch and keystone with mask
breaking through sill course. Three-storey, 3 window extension with open ground
floor, linking No 30. No 36 is dated 1871.


Listing NGR: SE1689033136

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.