This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6637 / 52°39'49"N
Longitude: -1.2279 / 1°13'40"W
OS Eastings: 452313
OS Northings: 307615
OS Grid: SK523076
Mapcode National: GBR 8LY.VSF
Mapcode Global: WHDJ9.39JR
Entry Name: Church of St Philip and James
Listing Date: 28 February 1991
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1115789
English Heritage Legacy ID: 188535
Location: Groby, Hinckley and Bosworth, Leicestershire, LE6
District: Hinckley and Bosworth
Civil Parish: Groby
Built-Up Area: Groby
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Groby
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
GROBY MARKFIELD ROAD
SK 50 NW
(north east side)
4/28 Church of St Philip
Parish Church. 1840 and 1912. By W. Railton and H.F.Trayler. Random coursed
Mountsorrel granite, sandstone ashlar dressings, Swithland slate roofs.
Western tower, nave and chancel. Small West tower of 3 stages has stepped
angle buttresses, chamfered string courses and an embattled parapet. To
the belfry stage are single narrow pointed louvred lights to each
direction. The side walls of the nave have pairs of lancets and the chancel
added in 1912 has 2 light cusped traceried windows in moulded and pointed
surrounds. The gabled south porch has a plain pointed outer arch. Interior
has moulded and pointed chancel arch and a softwood western gallery. All
fittings are C19.
Listing NGR: SK5231307615
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings