This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1149 / 52°6'53"N
Longitude: -0.7525 / 0°45'8"W
OS Eastings: 485519
OS Northings: 247018
OS Grid: SP855470
Mapcode National: GBR CZB.8LL
Mapcode Global: VHDST.X31K
Entry Name: The Temple of Music at Tyringham Hall
Listing Date: 3 March 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1115852
English Heritage Legacy ID: 351121
Location: Tyringham and Filgrave, Milton Keynes, MK16
County: Milton Keynes
Civil Parish: Tyringham and Filgrave
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Tyringham with Filgrave
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 84 NE TYRINGHAM WITH FILGRAVE TYRINGHAM
5/213 The Temple of Music at
Garden Pavilion cum Chapel. One of a pair of matching classical
pavilions either side of the swimming pool on the N.W. axis of the
Hall. 1926 by Lutyens for F.Koenig. Limestone walling with Portland
stone ashlar portico and dressings, concrete dome above cornice.
Domed vestibule with short nave and apsiddle chancel. Pedimented portico
with four corinthian pilasters. Central semicircular arched entrance,
Latin inscription in frieze and carving in tympanum. Flank elevations
with 2 arched stone framed windows projecting on brackets. Interior:
vestibule has green scagliola corinthian columns, patterned marble
floor, altars in shallow side apses. Nave has black corinthian
pilasters, metal grille floor for organ sound, carved oak stalls
panelling and doors, marble altar with circular stair to crypt each
side. Santuary beyond with floor at crypt level, organ below nave.
Listing NGR: SP8551947018
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings