This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1156 / 52°6'56"N
Longitude: -0.7633 / 0°45'47"W
OS Eastings: 484778
OS Northings: 247089
OS Grid: SP847470
Mapcode National: GBR CZ9.CTZ
Mapcode Global: VHDST.Q2BZ
Entry Name: The Bath House
Listing Date: 17 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1115915
English Heritage Legacy ID: 350965
Location: Gayhurst, Milton Keynes, MK16
County: Milton Keynes
Civil Parish: Gayhurst
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Gayhurst
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 84 NW GAYHURST NEWPORT ROAD
4/60 The Bath House
Cottage (disused) formerly Bath House, built before 1793 as part
of Repton's landscape scheme over a large spring. Dressed stone,
tiled roof, parapet, stone chimney at rear painted wood cornice to
front. West front one storey, pedimented centre over blocked door
with quatrefoil in pointed arch, flanked by (blocked) pointed windows,
similar smaller blocked windows to the recessed wings each side.
East side, front two storey with projecting enclosure with battlemented
rubblestone walls with two lancet openings in east wall. Modern wing
on south. Interior: at low level a large pool, ascribed traditionally
to Roman times.
Listing NGR: SP8477847089
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings