This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0964 / 52°5'46"N
Longitude: -0.7248 / 0°43'29"W
OS Eastings: 487453
OS Northings: 244992
OS Grid: SP874449
Mapcode National: GBR CZK.HLD
Mapcode Global: VHDSV.DK6S
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 17 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1115931
English Heritage Legacy ID: 351010
Location: Lathbury, Milton Keynes, MK16
County: Milton Keynes
Civil Parish: Lathbury
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Lathbury
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 84 NE and SP 84 SE LATHBURY CHURCH LANE
5/105 and 8/105 Parish Church of
Parish church. C12 nave and south aisle, west tower c1220, chancel
rebuilt c1330 north aisle c1340. Clerestory and parapets to aisles and
tower C15. Limestone rubble with dressings, ironstone to parapets.
Lead roofs. Decorated chancel windows, east end of 4 trefoiled lights
and tracery. 2 side windows of 2 trefoiled ogee lights each. Nave has
3 clerestory windows of 2 trefoiled lights under a square head. South
aisle east window 2-light fieometric Decorated windows. C1300 south
windows of 2 and 3 lights, gabled south porch, probably entirely C19
rebuild. North aisle C14 3-light east window with intersecting tracery,
north wall has 2 Y-tracery windows. 3 stage west tower, lancets to
ground stage, lancet to west wall of second stage, belfry with 2
lancets enclosed by semi-circular outer order, octagonal central shaft
with square capitals. East window 2-light C15. Interior: Chancel has
sedilia with trefoiled ogee heads and spandrels with shallow tracery
3 seats, piscina by sedilia double with trefoiled ogee recesses and
chamfered mullions, quatrefoil basins. Chancel pavement of black and
white marble, C17, with inscription to Andrewes family of Lathbury Park.
Chancel arch c1330 of 2 chamfered orders, moulded capitals and semi-
octagonal shafts to inner order. Nave south arcade c1190, 2 bays.
One chamfered order, circular pier has square capital carved with
dragons, moulded abacus, square responds with leaf ornament capitals.
In south east corner rood loft stair opening. Nave north arcade
c1340 of two bays, 2 chamfered orders octagonal pier, semi-octagonal
responds, all with moulded bell capitals. Semi-circular tower arch.
Modern nave roof has 8 stone angel corbels, C15. C14 north aisle roof.
Wall paintings: C15 nave, east wall: Room, nave north wall: the
Virgin weighing souls, nave south wall: 7 sacraments other fragments,
including C17 texts. 2 C17 brasses. Fragments of medieval stained
glass. Monuments: chancel north wall to Alice Pigott 1604, marble
incised figures of woman and child. C13 coffin lid with incised cross.
North aisle wall monument to Henry Uthwatt of Great Linford, 1757
and wife. Flanking Doric pilasters, entablature has triglyph frieze
and large urn in centre. Base has carved brackets and apron has
central cartouche of arms, surrounded by palms. Inscribed 'Palmer
RCHM II 158 MON 1
Listing NGR: SP8745344994
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings