History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Wingrave with Rowsham, Buckinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8631 / 51°51'47"N

Longitude: -0.7399 / 0°44'23"W

OS Eastings: 486869

OS Northings: 219031

OS Grid: SP868190

Mapcode National: GBR D2F.5RW

Mapcode Global: VHDV0.4F6L

Entry Name: Church Farmhouse

Listing Date: 26 September 1951

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1115954

English Heritage Legacy ID: 350860

Location: Wingrave with Rowsham, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP22

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

Civil Parish: Wingrave with Rowsham

Traditional County: Buckinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Wingrave

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Long Marston

Listing Text

SP 8619 WINGRAVE WITH ROWSHAM CHURCH STREET

10/115 Church Farm House
26.9.51
GV II

House. Late C14-C15, altered late C16 -early C17 and later.
3 incomplete cruck trusses, outer walls rebuilt partly in red
brick dated 1828 and partly in red and vitreous brick dated 1793.
Moulded plinth and eaves. Old tile roof, brick chimneys to
right and to right of centre. 2 storeys, 4 bay fenestration
with 2- and 3-light barred wooden casements, those to ground floor
with segmental heads. Entry with gabled C20 porch to centre, blocked
door to right. Altered early C18 extension, formerly granary, of
brick and weatherboard with tiled roof projects to left. This has
C20 door and barred casements in right return wall. Interior: of the
2 surviving C15 bays, that to left has original heavy joists for
upper floor, that to right was part of open hall, the right truss
with chamfered arched braces to collar. Chimney and floor with stop-
chamfered spine beam and joists were inserted late C16-early C17.
Ground floor fireplace has moulded stone jambs with Tudor rose
motifs carved above stops, and later wooden lintel. First floor
fireplace is of moulded stone with Tudor arch and scratched date
1619.

RCHM II p. 339 Mon. 3.


Listing NGR: SP8686919031

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.