This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.533 / 52°31'58"N
Longitude: -0.7219 / 0°43'18"W
OS Eastings: 486796
OS Northings: 293560
OS Grid: SP867935
Mapcode National: GBR CTB.49S
Mapcode Global: VHDQQ.FLRK
Entry Name: 1, the Green
Listing Date: 10 November 1955
Last Amended: 6 July 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1116242
English Heritage Legacy ID: 187546
Location: Caldecott, Rutland, LE16
Civil Parish: Caldecott
Traditional County: Rutland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Rutland
Church of England Parish: Caldecott St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
CALDECOTT THE GREEN
10.11.55 No 1. (formerly listed
as The Old Plough)
House and post office. Dated RCE 1684 on plaque in left gable. Later extensions
to right, for shop, and to rear. Coursed ironstone rubble with pale limestone
window dressings. Collyweston slate roof; coped gables with ogee half-pendants;
flanking chimneys, left ashlar with moulded cornice, right C20 brick. 2 storeys
and attic, 2 original bays. Chamfered plinth. Front has C20 3-light hardwood
casements in pale limestone surrounds with traces of ovolo mouldings. Blank
flush plaque to centre. Left gable retains original windows with ovolo-moulded
mullions and cyma recta cornices, the first floor window of 3 lights, attic
window of 2 lights, each with one light blocked. Single light with ovolo-moulded
surround to ground floor. Right gable has altered 2-light window with C17
surround and cornice, and lower C19 extension of one bay, now containing shop.
C20 extensions to rear incorporate former outbuildings.
Listing NGR: SP8679693560
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings