This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0546 / 51°3'16"N
Longitude: 0.8164 / 0°48'59"E
OS Eastings: 597478
OS Northings: 132132
OS Grid: TQ974321
Mapcode National: GBR RXS.WRF
Mapcode Global: FRA D6LB.HVJ
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 16 August 1962
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1116484
English Heritage Legacy ID: 180274
Location: Kenardington, Ashford, Kent, TN26
Civil Parish: Kenardington
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of St Mary
TQ 93 SE 10/223 16.8.62.
Parish Church. Chancel, nave, south porch and west tower with a circular
vice turret to the north of it. This is all that remains of a larger church
with north and south aisles and chapels which was struck by lightning in 1559.
The chancel is about two-thirds the width of the nave and not central. The
tower is C13 and stands at the north-west corner of the nave with no communication
between the two but a blocked arch on the east side of the tower which led
into the demolished north aisle. The chancel and nave are Cl5 and have blocked
arches on the south side which led into the demolished south aisle and south
chapel. The churchyard contains some C18 headstones with cherub and skull
motifs and some early C19 sunray motif headstones.
Listing NGR: TQ9747832132
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings