This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4234 / 51°25'24"N
Longitude: -2.4584 / 2°27'30"W
OS Eastings: 368222
OS Northings: 169477
OS Grid: ST682694
Mapcode National: GBR JX.PG9S
Mapcode Global: VH88X.BHP5
Entry Name: Village School and Parish Room
Listing Date: 15 July 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1116773
English Heritage Legacy ID: 28535
Location: Bitton, South Gloucestershire, BS30
County: South Gloucestershire
Civil Parish: Bitton
Built-Up Area: Bitton
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Warmley Syston and Bitton
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
5118 BITTON CHURCH LANE
Village School and
ST 6869 15/115
1830, cost £360. Commissioned by Rev H T Ellacombe (who probably supplied
the design). Pennant stone rubble with pantile roof, wide eaves on modillions,
coped verges with footstones 3+3 two-light Tudor arched windows with moulded
heads and drips. Central blind panel in similar style inscribed "Village
School Room built by Voluntary Subscriptions added to a grant from the
National Society MDCCCXXX". Lower porch bay to right with coped verge
and Tudor arch doorway with lozenge stop dripmould and battened door.
To left is a projecting 2 window gabled cross wing with 5-light Tudor arch
windows with drips, it has slate roof which has lean-to porch with moulded
Tudor arch doorway with lozenge step hood mould (this lean-to cuts across
the left hand of the parish room windows). Two of the windows on east
side retain patterned cast-iron casements.
Listing NGR: ST6822269477
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings