This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5176 / 52°31'3"N
Longitude: -2.1264 / 2°7'35"W
OS Eastings: 391516
OS Northings: 291091
OS Grid: SO915910
Mapcode National: GBR 4DB.NW
Mapcode Global: VH914.3Z6C
Entry Name: The Old Bull's Head Public House and Brewhouse
Listing Date: 26 July 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1116889
English Heritage Legacy ID: 442669
Location: Dudley, DY3
Electoral Ward/Division: Gornal
Built-Up Area: Sedgley
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Lower Gornal, St James the Great
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO 99 SW DUDLEY REDHALL ROAD
(south east side), Gornalwood
5/10013 The Old Bull's Head Public House
Public house and brewhouse. Circa 1900. Red brick with some terracotta dressings. Welsh slate
roofs with coped gable-ends with kneelers. Brick axial and gable-end stacks with cornices.
PLAN: Two bars in the main front range and a brewhouse wing behind the right-hand end.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys. Asymmetrical 4:2 window west front; the two bays on the right are
single-storeyed and has parapet with console bracket against taller range to left. Ground floor
with brick pilasters with terracotta frieze and entablature, bar windows have overlights with
leaded panes, bracketed angles with small pendants and etched glass. Central and right-hand
doorways have similar overlights and glazed doors. First floor has four sash windows with
margin panes and stringcourse; over the central doorway a large sign plaque with pedimental
top and shaped apron. Rear, east; projects on right, single-storey outshuts and brewhouse wing
on left with 3-storey tower. INTERIOR: Part of the partition between the two bars has been
removed, but the interior is largely intact and is complete with most of its fittings including:-
the bar, matchboard dados, wall seats and chimneypieces. The brewhouse also retains its
original fittings including:- three mash tuns, made by E. Potterton and Son, Brewers Engineers,
ofBirmingham and various brewing implements. SOURCE: Collins, P. Ironbridge Institute
Paper No.70 'A Survey of Surviving Buildings and Remains from the Industial Period in
Gornal' October 1991.
Listing NGR: SO9151691091
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings